Monday, January 2, 2012

Book Review ⋯ Crossed

Title: Crossed
Series: Matched ⋯ Book 2
Author: Ally Condie
Pages: 367
Stars: ★★★★


Summary: In search of a future that may not exist and faced with the decision of who to share it with, Cassia journeys to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his certain death - only to find that he has escaped, leaving a series of clues in his wake.

Cassia's quest leads her to question much of what she holds dear, even as she finds glimmers of a different life across the border. But as Cassia nears resolve and certainty about her future with Ky, an invitation for rebellion, an unexpected betrayal, and a surprise visit from Xander - who may hold the key to the uprising and, still, to Cassia's heart - change the game once again. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted than ever.




Review: Slight SPOILERS AHEAD! Read on at your own risk.

Loved the book, but it took me awhile to get into it. I felt like it dragged along in some places, and I didn't like Indie because she was really shifty, especially when her and Cassia found Ky and Eli. Other than that, I thought the book was good. I loved the detail that was used when Cassia and Ky described the canyons, and the paintings, and all of the colors. I also loved how the author switched between Cassia and Ky's perspectives every chapter. I liked how we got to see into Ky's head that way. Overall, it was a great book.

My review of the first book, Matched, can be found here.

1 comment:

  1. I have the first book in this series. I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete